Pumpkin Bread is one of my favourite Fall recipes. There’s just something about sitting around a warming fire with fresh baked goodies, watching the leaves fall and snow clouds roll over the mountains. This week, I decided to chop open a pumpkin, dig out its innards, and make a tasty loaf of bread.
This Pumpkin Bread recipe is super healthy and easily adaptable to a vegan diet (included below!) Check out the video for hands-on instruction, and then follow the recipe!
- 1.5 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1.2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
1. Mix the first four ingredients together in a separate bowl. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Don’t forget to grease your bread pans well! This recipe also fills a bunt pan!
2. Beat eggs, spices, oil and water together until equally blended. Then mix in the pumpkin puree.
3. Mix wet and dry ingredients together. Don’t over mix it or the pumpkin bread will be tough. Pour the dough into your bread pans and bake for 50-60 minutes.Pu
Vegan Pumpkin Bread
This recipe is super easy to make vegan! To substitute the two eggs, mix 4 TB of chia seeds with 1 cup of water.